Monday, July 6, 2009

I am at work tonight and trying to stay awake, so what a better thing than to update my blog. I have a lot of pictures I need to post but it is finding time when I am home to do this. (hopefully it will happen soon). We are trying hard to enjoy the summer. The girls seem to be which is what is important. Mike is still on the unemployment list and I am basically working full-time. I am still part-time status but picking up as many extra shifts as I can to make extra money while Mike is home being Mr. Mom. I have a couple of brothers that keep Mike's spirits up by golfing a few days a week. Mike is also staying busy as the Ward Mission Leader. I told him he needs to hurry and do what he needs to in his calling so he can get a job.

Samantha is staying busy with friends and her love for music. She has been learning to fiddle on her violin it has been fun to listen to her. I wish I could take credit for her talent. Shauntae is playing piano and enjoyed band camp playing the flute she has picked back up on where she was. We are lucky if Sydnee will just practice her 30 min. without needing a drink or to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes.

We are very blessed that we listened to promptings to get out of debt a few years ago, otherwise this time could have been a lot more stressful. We are blessed with a great family and my parents patience in allowing us to stay with them. My mom just had knee replacement surgery so it has been nice to be there to help out. We could really afford to get into our own place but who know's where we will get employment...it may be back in Colorado :).

2 comments:

tracycharmed said...

Glad to finally see the Storms' Family update! We sure miss you and hope Mike the best in his job hunt. Oh, have him try Hill AB, I hear they have jobs for what he does :D

Mills Family said...

I didn't know that Mike had lost his job. I hope he finds something soon and that for you and your family is there in Utah.

Love ya

Tami